ABOUT THE NEWLY ELECTED IAEWP PRESIDENT CHANCELLOR Dr. PRIYARANJAN TRIVEDI
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi (72)
is the world renowned environmental scientist,
institution builder and a charismatic leader
with more than 47 years of teaching and training
experience in different areas of ecology,
environment, disaster management, sustainable
development, peace studies, conflict resolution,
human rights, intellectual property rights,
ecological tourism, geriatric care and
institution building strategies.
He is the Founder Chancellor/Plenipotentiary of the State University "The Global Open University Nagaland" and Chancellor of the "Indira Gandhi Technological and Medical Sciences University", Arunachal Pradesh. He has been responsible for the establishment of many universities and professional / vocational institutions in India as well as in other countries of the world.
He has authored the World Encyclopaedias on emerging subjects like environmental sciences, remote sensing, health care, global peace and security, production and operations management, materials management, bioinformatics, green business management, geriatric care, habitat and population studies, blue economy, disaster management, sustainable development etc.
As the President of the Confederation of Indian Universities (CIU) created in the year 2004, Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi has tried to unite all the 1200+ universities in the country for optimizing the available resources in the country with a view to stopping the duplication of efforts in the area of higher and tertiary education. During his visits to different countries including USA, UK, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Sri Lanka, Nepal, South Korea, Mongolia, Zambia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Maldives, Indonesia, Russia, Poland and Thailand, Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi has been transferring the appropriate technologies of institution building from India to the rest of the world.
He has received more than 55 international and national awards and appreciations conferred upon him in many countries of the world for his outstanding contribution in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, diplomatic studies, interfaith studies, spiritual development, sustainable development etc.
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi has designed a masterplan paradigm for leading India and the rest of the world by providing appropriate guidance to the respective Governments in the areas of skill development, entrepreneurial leadership besides managerial competence among the young boys and girls by advocating the slogan "Catch Them Young" so that they could finally become didactics to educate their fathers, mothers, teachers and colleagues, rather the entire neighborhood with no worries and miseries in the world
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi is the first person in India to have thought of vocationalising the existing careers of young boys and girls by giving them employment centric education with a view to solving the problems relating to employment as well as unemployableness. He has designed more than 2100 skill based courses with self-instructional study materials for ensuring perfect training in order to achieve the milestone of producing 1500 million skilled persons in the all over the world by the year 2030.
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi has envisaged that the two main problems of the entire world i.e. unemployment and pollution have to be tackled by creating environment friendly and sustainable jobs by designing a job creation policy which could be sustained by our Mother Earth.
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi wishes all Members of IAEWP best of luck.
The IAEWP President
Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi with the
President of India H.E. Ramnath Kovind
ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATORS FOR WORLD PEACE
An NGO Affiliate of United Nations (ECOSOC)
Office of the President : A 42-43, Paryavaran Complex, South of Saket, New Delhi - 110030, India
Mobile/WhatsApp : +91-8527975833, Email : [email protected]
Ref. : IAEWP/PRESIDENT/GREETINGS/2022
18 May 2022
TO ALL THE OFFICE BEARERS, BOARD MEMBERS, NATIONAL AND STATE CHANCELLORS OF IAEWP
My Dear Brothers and Sisters holding responsible positions at the International Association of Educators for World Peace (IAEWP), an NGO Affiliate of United Nations (Economic and Social Council - ECOSOC) !
Greetings from Chancellor Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi, the newly elected President of IAEWP for 2022-2024.
I welcome all the present and prospective Office Bearers, Board Members, National and State Chancellors, Directors of different specialized Units and Cells of IAEWP.
I have planned the following Line of Action for IAEWP for the coming two years with a view to making IAEWP more stronger and that the presence of IAEWP is felt in all the UN Member Countries :
1. The existing Board Members, Office Bearers, National and State Chancellors should ensure that IAEWP collaborates with the National, Regional and State / Provincial level Institutions and Organizations including Schools, Colleges, Universities, Public and Private Sector Undertakings, NGOs etc. wherever there is a programme like Seminar, Symposia, Workshop, Conference, Conventions and Summits relating to Peace.
2. The Executive Vice President, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretary General, Board Members should ensure that qualified and experienced persons are invited to join IAEWP as the National Chancellor for countries under their control and jurisdiction.
3. I am going to contact the Heads of Governments of all the 193 United Nations Members Countries besides the Dependent Territories by informing them regarding the activities of IAEWP with a view to bringing peace on our Mother Earth in the third millennium in general and the present decade in particular.
4. I am also going to contact the important Universities specially in the countries where IAEWP has no representation so that the concerned University Chancellor or Vice Chancellor may assume the charge of the National Chancellor and constitute the National and respective State Committees.
5. As I have been the Director General of Education for IAEWP, I had the privilege of bringing out more than 35 occasional monographs and study materials, each running into 350 pages relating to peace studies, global security, disarmament, peace keeping, peace building, conflict resolution, interfaith studies etc.
the learned Board Members, Office Bearers,
National and State Chancellors are welcome to
download these instructional materials for
bringing awareness regarding Peace Education as
a Mass Movement (from the main official website
of IAEWP : iaewp.international which will be
operational from 23 May 2022).
6. I welcome suggestions, responses and ideas from all the Board Members, Office Bearers, National / State Chancellors and others interested in the areas relating to peace education, peace research, peace science, peace building, peace keeping, peace engineering, conflict resolution, global peace and security, interfaith studies, international understanding and brotherhood by writing to me on my email : [email protected]
I am sure that the action plan envisaged by me and mentioned above will merit your consideration for getting the same implemented at the earliest.
I am attaching my brief Profile for your information and records.
Let all of us throw ourselves into a new environment of a peace culture with full of zeal and enthusiasm so that the world citizenry could use the knowledge and experience of IAEWP and its Members to the fullest extent of their abilities.
Thanking you and looking forward to hearing from you.
With warm personal regards,
Chancellor Dr. Priyaranjan Trivedi
President, Confederation of Indian Universities, New Delhi
Chairman, Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, New Delhi
Founder Chancellor, The Global Open University Nagaland, India
Founder Chancellor, Indira Gandhi Technological and Medical Sciences University
Arunachal Pradesh, India
President, World Spiritual Parliament, New Delhi.
Click to download the course content and
syllabus of the entire course offered free online for
the enhancement of your knowledge in the areas of global peace, security, disarmament etc...
to promote international understanding
and world peace through education;
to protect the environment against all forms of pollution;
to safeguard the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; and
to promote nuclear disarmament and demilitarization. .
The New Millennium Objectives of
IAEWP would be to fully support the Sustainable Development
of the United Nations (2015- 2030) with special focus on the following tenets
1. To Promote International Understanding and World Peace Through Education.
2. To Support Environmental Protection and Ecological Sustainability.
3. Safeguarding the Universal Declaration of Human Rights & Human Dignity.
4. To Promote Nuclear Disarmament, Demilitarization & Prevention of Wars.
5. To Promote Social Cohesion Through Interfaith Harmony.
We are really thankful to the dignitaries for
their awesome support!
Let's hope for the Best.
Prof. Dr. Charles Mercieca is the Founder President of the IAEWP (NGO - United Nations) and has been the driving force of IAEWP since 1967 till his retirement in the month of May 2022.
Dr. Priya Ranjan Trivedi takes the leadership position in IAEWP as the President with effective from 1st May 2022.